Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Was eaten by worms and died

The Greek word for "died" used by Luke was considered by Hobart as a medical term but the only usage supplied related to the death of Ananias, Sapphira and Herod.

The Greek word for "was eaten by worms" is used only by Luke among NT writers and may be a medical expression although I can not confirm this. My computer files may have been eaten by worms and so I have taken an interest in this medical phenomenon. I reinstalled Windows XP home edition with updates. I still need to install some other programs before I am fully recovered. I lost my email address book, my list of website favorites and other files. The damage is still being evaluated. Fortunately most of my files have been backed up.

In Death of Herod, I noted that the opposition was defeated by "being eaten by worms." Luke may have been influenced in his narration by the story of Antiochus Epiphanes in 2 Macc. 9:4-9. Antiochus was a persecutor of God's people who considered himself equal to God. The report of his death states: "the ungodly man's body swarmed with worms."

I know I have been influenced by this event. I still have an access problem with blogspot.com although I do not know if it is related. Perhaps you can help. I have posted several times since January 8th including this blog on Sunday January 15, 2006. But as you can see, blogspot.com, with one exception, has posted to my blog as of January 8th. I am reviewing my options. Has the worm eaten the file that provides the current blogspot date? Is my experience common to blogspot.com blogs? Or is my experience unique?

Was the death of Herod Agrippa unique or was it related to the cause of death experienced by his grandfather, Herod the Great, because his "kidney" condition was inherited?
Or did Herod Agrippa suffer from lead pipe poisoning? The symptoms include, inter alia, hyperirritability, aggressive behavior, decreased appetite and energy, poor sleeping, headaches, constipation, and abdominal cramping.

Is there a way to communicate with blogspot.com?

this was posted 1-15-06

Copyrighted 2006





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home