Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

Yesterday in my blog, Hardness of Heart, I quoted Ezekiel 36:26. Last October 19th, In Service of the heart, I discussed the view of Jeremiah and Ezekiel with respect to repentance and the need of the people of change. Jeremiah tells the people to “apply circumcision to your hearts” while Ezekiel announces "a new heart."

Paul also addressed this passage from Ezekiel. Paul suggested that only when gentiles turn to God would the terrible hardness of heart be taken away. When the gentiles are gathered in, Israel would lose its heart of stone and the kingdom would come.The verse is so important, I am going to repeat it: “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”

We live in a day when we need to say Happy Holidays so as to be politically correct but I would rather be theologically correct. Happy Holidays is an acknowledgment that we live in a pluralistic society. Merry Christmas is a profession of one’s belief, and a statement that some believers need to make as a member of a religion that believes in the zealous preaching and advocacy of the gospel. I wish you a Merry Christmas and so that you can enjoy a Happy New Year, I pray that you are given a new heart.

And I do plan to close shop for a few days.

Copyrighted 2005





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home