Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Monday, April 04, 2005

A kingdom of priests

I was planning on adding a few comments to yesterday’s blog but instead I leave you with these words that I am contemplating today.

Exod.19
[3] And Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him out of the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the people of Israel: [4] You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. [5] Now therefore, if you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession among all peoples; for all the earth is mine, [6] and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel." [7] So Moses came and called the elders of the people, and set before them all these words which the LORD had commanded him. [8] And all the people answered together and said, "All that the LORD has spoken we will do." And Moses reported the words of the people to the LORD. [9] And the LORD said to Moses, "Lo, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you for ever." Then Moses told the words of the people to the LORD. [10] And the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments, [11] and be ready by the third day; for on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.

Translation from the RSV; emphasis added.


copyrighted 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home