Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Other Gospels

I am aware that there are other gospels but I have not read any of them. These writings are interesting for what they reveal about us and our society. I am referring particularly to two books: The Gospel according to Peanuts (2000) by Robert L. Short which was originally published in 1965 based on the cartoon scrip and The Gospel according to the Simpsons: the spiritual life of the world's most animated family (2001) by Mark I. Pinsky based on the television program. Both of these books provide a good picture of our religious thinking and behavior. I suppose I should also mention Jesus in America: personal savior, cultural hero, national obsession (2004) by Richard Wightman Fox.

My eclectic reading list is already too long but I do plan to read the Simpson book.

Copyrighted 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home