Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jeremiah was a bullfrog

Jeremiah was one of the great prophets of the OT and like most OT prophets he was reluctant to serve. We may know more about Jeremiah and his work than any other OT prophet. He served for forty years in a ministry during the most troublesome of times that witnessed the destruction of the first temple. Jeremiah was the rejected prophet.

I am actually enjoying the snow storm that is covering the entire I-95 NE corridor but I know that tomorrow I will be clearing my driveway so that we can go to work on Monday. My church called with a homework assignment, a reading from the Gospel of Mark, along with the announcement that services are cancelled due to inclement weather: 8-12 inches of snow!

I have been thinking about how the idea of judgment is presented in scripture and will have more to say on this later.

Copyrighted 2006





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home