Dedicated to the writings of Saint Luke.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I have been footnoted

Mark Goodacre continues to provide his valuable service of highlighting the latest from Review of Biblical Literature.

I want to mention the following review
Rius-Camps, Josep and Jenny Read-Heimerdinger
The Message of Acts in Codex Bezae: A Comparison with the Alexandrian Tradition Volume 1: Acts 1.1-5.42: Jerusalem

because I have been reliably informed that I have been footnoted. Although the reviewer notes that the authors insist on "the thoroughly Jewish context of the Bezan text," he omits one of the reasons listed in support thereof, that Luke was addressing his gospel to most excellent Theophilus, the high priest, citing my article,
‘À la recherche de Théophile’, in Saint Luc, évangéliste et historien (Dossiers d’Archéologie 279 [2002-3]), pp. 64-71 (66).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home